Closing Date 31 October 2020
The Wealth Advisors Trainee Programme is a two-year contract at BDO Johannesburg, successful candidates will be mentored by a qualified CFP® professional under the BDO mentorship programme. So, you are considering joining BDO in South Africa for a traineeship position. As the South African member firm of the global BDO organisation, one of the fastest growing professional services networks globally, you would be making a good choice for your future career.
What you can expect when you join BDO.
- A commitment to creating unlimited growth by giving our people continuous opportunities
- A friendly and supportive culture, surrounded by teammates who are on the same journey as you
- Collaboration and an open-door policy, all the way up to our CEO
- A mentor to guide and challenge you
- Exposure to a range of clients, from large JSE-listed companies to smaller owner-managed businesses
- Opportunities to show you care through our CSI initiatives
- A chance to meet other colleagues at our Sports & Social functions
- Secondment opportunities for qualifying staff
- Hands-on involvement in audit work from the day you join
- A choice of six offices in South Africa offering audit work. Our other offices do Advisory work and as such traineeships are not available in Nelspruit, Roodepoort, Stellenbosch.
- A firm big enough to be able to access the best group of experts for a client’s needs from our national and international network, and small enough to be responsive and innovative in tackling challenges.
- BCom degree
- BCom Honours in Financial Planning or Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Planning
- Eligible to write CFP® board exam during 2021
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
•Methodical and organised
•High attention to detail
•Ability to prioritise
•High level of computer literacy on MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer
Kindly attach the following documentation:
•Motivational letter sharing why you want to be a CFP®
The appointment will be made in terms of the firm’s Employment Equity Policy.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.