Actuarial Graduate Trainee Opportunity at Sanlam Group
Closing date 31 October 2020
The Sanlam Personal Finance (SPF) cluster is responsible for Sanlam’s retail business in South Africa. Sanlam Group offer opportunities to actuarial graduates who are looking to start their careers and qualify as actuaries. The Sanlam Actuarial Training Programme starts off with an unofficial ‘internship’ that lets you familiarise yourself with the inner workings of Sanlam by getting to know its products and systems. Once you have a good grasp of this, you will be exposed to more technical positions. We will help you develop your analytical abilities in order to further develop your actuarial skills. Your actuarial exam results combined with your on-job performance will determine how quickly you progress and are exposed to more advanced areas of this side of Sanlam’s business.
Location: Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa
Our comprehensive actuarial support programme includes great additional benefits such as:
- Study time during work hours
- Bursaries to complete your actuarial examinations
- Financial rewards for passing your exams
- Guidance and mentoring
What will make you successful in this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science.
- Must qualify for exemptions of at least six (6) actuarial examinations by the time you graduate.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong computer skills
- Above-average Microsoft Office skills are non-negotiable
Key competencies for success:
- Strong analytical ability and a structured approach to problem solving
- Team player
- Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge and Skills
- Actuarial Problem Solving
- Issues management
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Personal Attributes
- Self-development - Contributing independently
- Interpersonal savvy - Contributing independently
- Nimble learning - Contributing independently
- Tech savvy - Contributing independently
- Cultivates innovation - Contributing independently
- Customer focus - Contributing independently
- Drives results - Contributing independently
- Collaborates - Contributing independently
- Being resilient - Contributing independently
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group's Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.