Closing Date 18 November 2021
NOV Rig Technologies are looking for 3 x Apprenticeships in the trades of Boilermaker x 1 / CNC Turner x 1 / Millwright x 1. As a millwright Apprentice to learn the trade of Millwright, practical & theoretical, and to pass trade tests by on-the-job training and trade school. As a CNC Turner Apprentice to learn the trade of CNC Turner, practical & theoretical, and to pass trade tests by on-the-job training and trade school. As a Boilermaker Apprentice to learn the trade of Boilermaker, practical & theoretical, and to pass trade tests by on-the-job training and trade school.
Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Must be proficient with and have passed Matric
• Same practical work as specified under Trainee Boilermaker, Mechanical, Fitter, Electrical Operator
• Complete theoretical & practical syllabus as per training modules
• Exposure to practical on-the-job training
• Must be able to pass theoretical and practical tests for the different levels as per training program
• Explanation of works instructions (shop docs) and facilitating work flow by reading of drawing details and executing the work instructions as per the work management system.
• Assisting in issuing of maintenance processes.
• Effectively report any HSE or productivity issues through the correct channels
• Work to achieve high quality in the turning of component parts
• Be proficient in the use of all machining equipment used in the Fabrication Department
• Technical Grade 12 with Maths (Standard or Higher Grade); Science (Standard or Higher Grade) (essential)
• Any other trade related subjects to a Grade 12 level (desirable)
SKILLS, TRAINING AND SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE
• Good people skills (essential)
• Attention to details (essential)
• Ability and willingness for learning (essential)