AVI Graduate Programme (MECHANICAL/MECHATRONIC ENGINEERING GRADUATE)
Closing Date 04 October 2020
The AVI Graduate Programme is a 24-month structured development programme that provides a platform for talented students to learn critical skills and ultimately become leaders or specialists, through their involvement in and contribution towards innovative, technical and strategic projects.
Why our Graduates choose AVI?
- Exposure and practical learning in a working environment
- Encouraged to be involved and think of alternative solutions to real issues
- Constant mentorship, guidance and support
- Presented with the opportunities to make meaningful contributions
- Accountable for delivering quality work
What makes you exceptional?
- Technically-orientated and business-minded
- Comfortable working in a team
- Passionate about leading and empowering people
- Eager to make the most of unique opportunities
- Your goals are to contribute, make a difference and be an achiever
What will you enjoy doing
You will be involved in various projects to gain in-depth knowledge of plant and processing and packing equipment. Working closely with the Engineering Specialists you will participate in the following:
• Be involved in engineering management aspects in maintenance, facilities, utilities, draughting, asset care systems and quality control.
• Gain skills in engineering project development and management in mechanical, electrical, process, utilities, automation and facilities.
- Identifying efficiency issues, commercial feasibility and suggesting functional solutions in focused continuous improvement projects.
What we want from you
- A BSc/BEng in Mechanical, Mechatronic, or Electrical Engineering with an average of 60% in the final year of studies.
- An additional certification/specialisation in Industrial Engineering/business is advantageous.
- Any vacation experience or part-time work would be beneficial.
We are committed to the growth of internal employees and it is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applications. All external applications will be considered in line with our Employment Equity targets.