Closing Date 13 November 2020
Bergrivier Municipality is committed to skills development opportunities for the broader community of the Bergrivier municipal area. The municipality offers South African citizens, who permanently resides in the Bergrivier municipal area, the opportunity to obtain qualifications at tertiary institutions and the Council provided for funds in the 2020/21 Budget for making bursaries available. Residents from Bergrivier Municipality who comply with the requirements are hereby invited to apply for a study bursary.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Reside in the Bergrivier Municipal area;
- Bursaries will only be awarded to students studying at accredited South African academic institutions
- Are between the age of 18 and 35 (preference given but other ages not excluded)
- Are South African citizens with a valid South African ID number; and
- Comply with the entry requirements set by the institution of their choice and have
proof of registration or acceptance to said institution.
- Students with parents or legal guardians earning a combined monthly income of less than the GAP housing threshold will receive preference.
- Bursary assistance will only be awarded for applicants who are studying towards the
achievement of their first degree or national diploma.
- Bursaries will be paid directly to the relevant academic institution.
- Bursaries may only be used to cover study fees.
Study fees could include the following:
- Registration Fees
- Class Fees
- Examination Fees
- Books and study material
- Accommodation Fees
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR APPLICATION:
- Student’s academic record, Grade 12 or latest tertiary results;
- Certified copy of South African identity document;
- Proof of permanent residential address (copy of municipal account);
- Parent or Guardian’s Identity documents;
- Proof of monthly household income (salary or pension slips if applicable, affidavit if unemployed);
- Proof of university acceptance/registration;
- Proof of study fees payable and all fees must be fully specified and defined (statements, accounts or invoice); and
- Declaration that an applicant is not receiving a full bursary and declaring all other assistance from another institution;
Prescribed bursary application form available on the municipal website (www.bergmun.org.za) or at the Human Resource Services Department Piketberg or
Full applications should be submitted by hand at the various municipal offices (Piketberg, Porterville, Velddrif, Eendekuil, Aurora, Redelinghuys) for attention Mr. JWA Kotzee (Director: Corporate Services), to reach him not later than the closing date.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr D Baumeester at tel. no. 022 913 6055 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NO FAX OR ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.