British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Global Graduate to join our Legal & External Affairs (LEX) team in Pretoria, South Africa. If you are a graduate with ambition and have the ability to go far and succeed, then the Global Graduate Programme in BAT is for you!!
Our approach to your early training and career development, through the Global Graduate Programme, reflects our recognition that getting the right start is crucial to building a successful career. The Global Graduate Programme provides a foundation for your functional, managerial skills and business awareness development.
This one-year trainee programme provides the successful candidates the opportunity to fast track their career within our global Organisation. The program ensures that YOU will make your mark as the next generation of BAT leaders.
You’ll be in a real job from day one and will be challenged in order to unlock your potential and deliver good results from real business projects.
During the Global Graduate Program focused on LEX you will get exposure across all its sub-functions ranging regulatory affairs, external engagement, sustainability and legal in the corporate, commercial and operations environment.
You will get support and encouragement from different areas of the business.
- Have a 4 year degree/honors university degree in LLB, BA (hons) Law, Economics & Politics or related fields.
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Possess leadership skills demonstrated through extra-curricular activities
- Possess strong intercultural competencies from international experience or personal background
- Have strong analytical skills, driven and ambitious, inspiring and engaging individual
- Are internationally mobile and are fluent in English.
*Preference will be given to candidates that will help the company achieve its Employment Equity Targets