Closing Date 02 November 2020
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ) is committed to fulfil its socio-economic mandate by providing training opportunities in the form of Financial Assistance to community recipients, within the Johannesburg metropolitan area who intend pursuing academic studies at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa and who adhere to the prescribed criteria in order for them to acquire their qualification at a recognised FET and / or HET. This opportunity is open to YOUTH in the Johannesburg community
The CoJ is offering bursaries to South African youth, who permanently reside in Johannesburg, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies in one of the following fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Build Environment (Architecture, Construction) Commerce
- Communications/Social Media
- Community Services
- Curatorial Studies
- Emergency Management Services Engineering (all Fields)
- Environmental Management
- Finance (Accounting, Auditing, Small Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Treasury, Economists)
- Geo Information Science (GIS)
- Health (Nursing)
- Information Technology
- International Relations and Protocol
- Local Government Science/Political Science Logistics
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Municipal Governance
- Production and Operations Management Quality Assurance
- Public Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Real Estate (Property Management, Property Valuation)
- Sports Science
- Town and Regional Planning
Criteria for selection
- Selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
- Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
- It is the student’s responsibility to seek admission with a tertiary institution.
- The bursary is for study programmes of no less than one year.
- The bursary is renewable annually, based on academic performance/results.
- The bursary is not applicable for post graduate qualifications
The Bursary covers
Tuition and registration fees, prescribed books and/or study material and is limited to the amount of R 35,000.00 per academic year.
(011) 407 6979
2nd Metropolitan Centre
A completed application form, proof of residence, certified copy of ID and Qualifications and proof of income.