Roche has an exciting opportunity for suitably qualified Data Analysts. As a Data Analyst Intern, you will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to solve complex data problems and deliver insights that help to define our understanding of business areas. You will partner with IT and business stakeholders to co-create data and analytics enabled solutions that help our teams fulfill our mission: to do now what patients need next. You will be working in highly cross functional teams with people from a wide range of technical skills, including medical, commercial, access. We together will investigate the opportunities of applying data analytics methods and mindsets to explore the market potential in South Africa and how to bring our treatment to patients efficiently.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Evaluating existing datasets (such as EHR, public healthcare statistics, etc) and providing source-to-target mappings and information specification documents for it.
- Generating insights from data, enabling us to optimise business processes that could benefit our patients as well as our company’s operation.
- Identifying business opportunities and working with business and informatics partners to architect, design, prototype and deliver data and analytics solutions.
- Ensuring data-driven analytics solutions are integrated into the wider Pharma Informatics System Landscape.
- Leveraging best practices, data governance and standards globally
The ideal candidate
- Passionate about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and experimentation
- Possesses education in related fields (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, statistics, Information Systems, etc.)
- Has experience of standard database and query tools and a knowledge of writing queries with SQL. Experience in visualization tools like Tableau will be a plus.
- Has expertise in Data Mining, Data Cleaning and Analyzing Data processes to structure the data, clean and exploring it to answer specific questions.
- Knowledge of R, Python or other programming languages is required. Knowledge of and experience with Pharmaceutical systems (i.e. Clinical Trial Management Systems, Drug Safety, EDC) and technical details of data management in those environments is a plus.
- Has expertise in translating complex business requirements into relevant solutions
- Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.