You will be part of the Data Science team, whose broad role it is to: Design, build, train, evaluate, deploy, and monitor statistical and machine learning models for the Aruba UXI product.Work with developers, engineers, product managers and cross-enterprise data science teams to build machine learning and AI-Ops capabilities that our customers need. Identify and communicate opportunities to product and engineering stakeholders and drive selected opportunities to production. Provide data curation, visualisation, analysis and modelling support for business. Our Engineering Processes We are agile and have a regular release cycle, which focuses on quick iteration and working closely with our partners. There is plenty of opportunity to learn and grow with Aruba UXI.
Aruba is redefining the “IT”. Creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility and the IoT to transform business models with the combined power of compute, context, control and secure connectivity. We’re recognised leaders in Wi-Fi technology, and our mission is to provide the Edge-to-Cloud platform upon which our customers innovate in the mobile, IoT, and cloud era. We started small, a California-based start-up, and joined Hewlett Packard in 2015. Aruba User Experience Insight are a Cape Town-based unit of Aruba, whose product is a Wi-Fi performance monitoring sensor. Our sensor was first of its kind in the space and began as a local start-up. In today’s era of ever-increasing wireless network coverage and ever-increasing dependency on connectivity, we are providing vital monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities to all manner of companies, hospitals, restaurants, campuses, warehouses, and retail outlets world-wide. Things to look forward to during your internship: Private mentoring and coaching, lunch & learn sessions with the broader company, pair and mob programming, code review sessions, and architecture/infrastructure tutorials.
Location: Western Cape
• You will have earned a Bachelor’s/Honours/Master’s degree in an analytical subject or other data science related tertiary level qualification just prior to your start date.
• You seek out what’s next, always three steps ahead and delivering exceptional results
You are an active leader on campus who strives to make a positive impact on the world.
• You are fully comfortable working in a hybrid (virtual and face-to-face) environment.
• You thrive on fresh challenges and continual learning.
• You have a desire to achieve perfection, but ready to compromise when necessary to ship on time.
• You are a problem-solver, creative thinker, quick study and a self-starter.
• You care about design, performance, and creating outstanding user experiences.
• You are eager to work in a fast-paced, flexible, and collaborative environment.
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• You can work with multiple data sources to retrieve, combine, clean and pre-process data for modelling.
• You have experience in regression, clustering, classification, and time series analysis
• You can work with developers to deploy models in production.
• Experience with Docker
• Experience with GCP and AWS cloud platforms
• Experience with streaming data
• Experience with anomaly detection
• Experience with Postgres
• Proficiency in SQL
• Proficiency in Python and the Python numerical stack (Numpy, Pandas, Sklearn, etc).
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status