Closing Date 26 October 2020
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare a learner to operate as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic. A Heavy Equipment Mechanic maintains, diagnoses faults in and repairs heavy equipment such as earthmoving or mining equipment, including engines, mechanical parts and hydraulically or electrically powered systems.
A Qualified learner will be able to;
- Perform preventative and scheduled maintenance on heavy equipment.
- Dismantle, assess, repair and reassemble heavy equipment engine and power train systems components.
- Diagnose and repair faults in heavy equipment diesel engine and power train systems.
Location: Kempton Park, Gauteng, South Africa
- Prior to completion of Phase 2 (N2 Diesel Trade Theory) N2 Mathematics, Engineering Drawing/Industrial Electronics, Engineering Science must be achieved to progress to Phase 3 (N3 Diesel Trade Theory).
- Complete apprenticeship programme in line with MERSETA Learnership/Apprenticeship requirements.
- Complete apprenticeship programme in line with organizational Limited Duration Contract Requirements.
- Adhere to all agreed bursary requirements.
- Minimum entry level requirements is a Grade 9 with pass in English Literacy, Mathematics and Science, N2 Mathematics, Engineering Drawing / Industrial Electronics, Engineering Science and Motor/Diesel Trade Theory.
- L3 NCV Certificate for Engineering and Related Design.
- Technical Grade 11 with Math’s, Science and English.
- Grade 12 with Math’s, Science and English.
- More than 4 years working experience as an artisan aid for RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning)
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.