Closing Date 02 November 2020
Midvaal Local Municipality invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the advertised vacancy: Financial Management Internship (Two Year Contract)
- A recognized B-com degree/ NQF 6 or equivalent with at least Accounting 1 and 2, as subjects.
- Must be computer literate and have knowledge of windows spread sheet applications.
- Assist with the billing process (rates and service charges).
- Assist with customer care in the income section (customer queries, complaints etc.).
- Assist with cashiering when required.
- Assist with the completion of National Treasury reporting templates.
- Assist with the compilation of recons.
- Other administrative functions
- Assist with Expenditure and SCM related functions
- Assist with Asset Management functions.
- Assist with Risk, Insurance Claims and Compliance matters.
The training program is aimed at training candidates in practical local government accounting with the view to qualify for a position after training. Such appointment cannot be guaranteed. Preferably own transport.
ONLY UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES, MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS, RESIDING WITHIN THE MIDVAAL AREA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website. For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7440
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S