Job Summary: Assists and supports Project Managers and Senior Project Managers with a range of Project Management tasks.
Location: South Africa - Gauteng, Centurion
- Accountable for running a small project under the overall guidance of a more senior Project Manager.
FUNCTIONAL AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Understanding and involvement of the different project stages and the different approaches required at each stage.
- Understanding of building technology. Site experience. Ability to ask questions of designers to understand how solutions will be built. Understanding of the roles of different parties and how these roles change over the life of the project. Working knowledge of the differences between different forms of procurement. Working knowledge of HSE issues and legal obligations of parties and able to facilitate discussions on these topics. Understanding of AECOM’s HSE processes and principals and actively promotes a safety culture on site and in the office.
- Knowledge of our specialist sector areas (including current issues and business drivers) and local construction market.
- set up standard systems such as project directories.
- plan and control work, chair and minute meetings and manage the flow of information on a day to day basis.
- put together a project programme and monitor it (including the various techniques including Earned Value Management).
- positively influence the management of Health and Safety and principals of sustainability.
- manage a design team on a day to day basis.
- manage a construction contract and demonstrate good working knowledge of the different forms of contract and how these are administered.
- understand the cost plan and cost report.
- understand the procurement process and the influence of client requirements.
- understand the importance of scope management and ability to manage a change control process on a day to day basis.
- understand and apply the principles of risk and value management and use risk and value based thinking to make project level decisions.
- Ability to write the PEP, maintain and use a Risk register, compile and manage an Issues register. Ability to compile the monthly report and use and develop appropriate forms of “dashboard” reporting where required.
- 1st degree in Built Environment subject
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.