Closing Date 30 November 2020
HCI Foundation provides a partial bursary to qualified students who are studying at public institutions in South Africa. Out of 8000 annual applications received, only 1000 will be awarded. The bursary will cover up to 75% of the student’s tuition fees to a maximum of R 28000. Allowances for living expenses, books, residence, meals and transport are not included. Hence, students are allowed to receive partial funding elsewhere however full bursary from another provider will not be permitted. Payments will be made directly to the educational institution and no payments will be made to the students.
Bursary holders will not be required to repay their bursaries. However, they will be expected to give back through community projects participation such as tutoring programmes, mentoring programmes, volunteering at old age homes and daycares.
HCI Foundation Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizens, refugees and asylum seekers
- Full-time 1st year of students in the succeeding academic year, studying at a public University or the University of Technology in South Africa.
- Minimum of 55% average for Matric or end of year results
- Gross family income of not more than R37 500 per month
- Maximum 35 years old on the closing date.
Please note that part-time, distance-learning or students studying at TVET colleges are not eligible to apply.
Bursary applications must be done online via following the steps below:
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY, when application reopened. Follow instructions as stated in the online form and complete important details such as personal details, family details, proposed study for the upcoming year and parents/guardian employment information.
- Prepare to submit certified copies of the following required documents:
- Proof of household income
- Affidavit of unemployment, if applicable
- Proof of grant, if applicable
- Make sure you provide the following:
- Working email address
- Working cell phone number
- Student number if you are applying for your second year of study or higher
- An exact amount of your parents’ or guardians’ monthly income
- Submit academic year-end results before February 23
Applicants will be updated on the status of their application at each stage of the application process through email. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by phone. The final results of the application process will be released by 07 March of the succeeding year.
Applicant Selection Process
The selection process will include the following steps:
1) All applicants will be kept up to date, via email, with regards to the status of their application.
2) Students who meet the entry criteria will go on to the next stage of the process.
3) First-year students will be shortlisted and interviewed telephonically.
4) The final decision will be made and communicated by 7 March 2021.
Address: Suite 801, The Point 76 Regent Road, Sea Point 8060
Tel: +27 (0)21 424 6010
Fax: + 27 (0)21 424 6019