Roles Description: To execute specialist Value Management (VM) and Business Improvement projects; To monitor the implementation and use of SAP, Advanced Planning/Scheduling System (APS-PreActor) and Teamcenter (SIEMENS-PLM) in Operations. Track and report production performance – and implement opportunities for Value / Cost improvements. Become part of the team implementing RDM’s Manufacturing Operations Management Systems
Location: Somerset West, Cape Town
Key Performance Areas
• Identify product-, design- and production improvements through detailed analysis and best practice recommendations.
• Monitor effective use of SAP, Preactor (APS) and Teamcenter (SIEMENS) - to optimise production planning processes across all RDM sites.
• Analyse product portfolios, component cost and procurement spend and support key projects for Value Engineering/Value Analysis.
• Accompany developmental projects (also Product Development- and PE projects) and develop value improvements using VM tools - ia Value Stream Mapping, Functional Think Plan etc.
• Work with functional leads to increase productivity, reduce operating costs, maximise efficiency on all sites.
• Work with VE to communicate, sustain and facilitate the implementation of Value Management, quality- and process improvement thinking/principles.
• Evaluate capacity for new production requirements and recommend most efficient methods, processes and tooling options – for implementation.
• Work within VE teams to ia act as a change agent (facilitator) to instil Functional Thinking, problem solving and continuous improvement. Develop viable strategies to optimise processes and methods for long term sustainability.
• Work with functional leads to develop BIC Shop Floor Management and MES solutions applicable across all sites.
• With Process Engineering (PE)– develop and monitor operations training with proper assessments.
Support Procurement - work with VE teams to institutionalise Value Chain Improvement process, Supplier Development to improve input costs.
• Coordinate and manage special projects as required from time to time.
• Perform other duties as assigned to insure the success of projects, individuals, and the company.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
• Qualification: University Degree in B.Eng – Industrial Engineering [or Mechatronics] or Masters Degree is an advantage.
• Experience- and enthusiastic interest in the manufacturing environment;
• Proven understanding of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES);
• Working knowledge of Value Engineering and Manufacturing Operation Management;
• Project- and Manufacturing Management experience or exposure;
• Advanced analytical skills - and experience in IT environment is important;
• Knowledge of SAP, experience / proven insight in Teamcenter(SIEMENS) - Product Lifecycle Management (PLM);
• Ability to apply engineering design, -maths computing knowledge;
• Proficient use of CAD = Solid Edge is a bonus;
• Excellent ability to effectively present information (competent in report writing, effective presentations, etc.);
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PM, Internet).
• Strong planning and administrative skills with highly organized approach;
• Interpersonal skills and capability to interact with people at all levels.
• Cope well with work pressures, apply efficient practices, and deliver completed work on time.
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.