Kerridge Commercial Systems (KCS) is a market leader in the development and provision of trading and financial software environments for specialist Distribution, Wholesale, Merchant and Retail industry sectors, addressing single- or multi-branch operations, as well as catering for organisations with 'point-of-sale' showrooms and warehouses. The Infrastructure Event Management Analyst is responsible for identifying (and reporting, when applicable) all Infrastructure events relating to KCS’s Global Cloud Services. The identification of Events & Alerts is generated through the use of monitoring applications, wallboards, dashboards and the like, which can be found in the Kerridge Commercial Systems’ Johannesburg office.
Fixed Term Full Time
Location: Johannesburg, SA, ZA
In collaboration with other members of the Cloud Operations team, The Infrastructure Event Management analyst will ensure that all existing cloud customers are setup & working in the Monitoring application (currently NagiosXI) and that all new environment creations include the correct NagiosXI monitoring matrices that have been agreed upon, which include server health, filesystem space, backup success/failure and the like.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the setup and (on-going) administration of all monitoring activities on Cloud Infrastructure including both internal and customer-facing equipment
- Triage incoming Events and identify whether they are merely warnings, or if Incidents need to be raised in the call logging system for attention by the Service Operation Team members.
- Be responsible for escalating warnings and outages to the wider Cloud Operations team members as applicable.
- Liaise with Customers when required, keeping them informed about calls which have been logged.
- Ensure that documentation concerning Kerridge Commercial Systems’ monitoring processes and procedures are up to date and periodically reviewed together with the Service Operations Manager.
- Assist team members on Infrastructure projects when applicable which may include physical equipment installation and removal.
- Deliver a responsive on-call function by participating in the shift schedule, if required to do so.
- Assist the Service Operations Manager with event reports for inclusion in the Managed Services monthly reports for major customers, if applicable.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience (Qualification, technical skills, commercial work experience, soft skills such as communication, presentation, personal attributes)
- Have a sound understanding of modern IT equipment, including PCs, Networks, Routers, Switches, Storage Area Networks and the like; be IT literate and have basic Windows operating system knowledge (Linux knowledge is essential).
- Have the ability to work through basic problems logically, suggest solutions and be able to recognise when problems or situations need to be escalated.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team, but also be able to work alone when necessary.
- Have the ability to understand why excellent customer service, time keeping, and flexibility, matters.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills, have attention to detail and sound time management skills.