Closing Date 19 August 2020
The Temp – IT Specialist will ensure that computer hardware and software, as well as networks and servers work consistently and correcty. Will also be tasked to configure ICT infrastructure, ICT documentation and provide assistance to end users.
Job Ref: RECR/ITS 001
Qualifications & Experience:
- Matric certificate,
- International MCSA, A+ & N+\IT Diploma\IT Degree a requirement,
- A minimum of three years’ desktop support experience,
- At least two years’ of that should include server support and maintenance experience
- Windows Server 2016 and System Center Suite knowledge advantageous
- Excellent understanding of Windows Event logs and how to identify problems
- Knowledge of backup solutions like Veeam, Windows Backup, DPM and similar applications (configuration, use and troubleshooting)
- Experience with remote support applications and technique (e.g. VPN, RDP and Any Desk)
- Working knowledge of Active Directory administration: creating user accounts, resetting passwords, disabling and deleting users
- Experience with server maintenance and health checks on Windows Server
- Experience with the configuration and administration of Office 365 & Exchange
- Experience with logging and following up calls with external suppliers and service providers
- Excellent knowledge of hardware components and hardware troubleshooting procedures (desktop and server)
- Working knowledge of server hardware systems such as RAID
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems and desktop software
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Outlook and Excel,
- Good knowledge of TCP\IP networking is required
- Good knowledge of server software and systems
- Experience with configuring routers and wireless access points
- Must have the ability to work after hours (on short notice) when required
Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the following:
- Install, configure and support all Microsoft desktop and server operating systems.
- Install, configure and support all Microsoft and other application software (desktop and server)
- General hardware installation and troubleshooting (desktop and server)
- General troubleshooting on all IT related equipment (Network Switches, Firewall and Routers).
- Respond to and resolve support calls
- Respond to and resolve support calls via remote connection (desktop and server)
- Assist end-users telephonically
- Remote administration of servers and workstations
- Compile desktop and server configuration documentation
- Execute orders and follow up service and repairs with external suppliers
- Identify possible risks or problems and escalate to IT Manager.
- An organised individual that can work unsupervised and effectively manage time and multiple tasks,
- An analytical thinker that works methodically and always pays attention to detail,
- An individual that always thinks before they act,
- An individual who enjoys studying and improving their knowledge,
- Ability to follow checklists and procedures accurately and adhere to company standards,
- A self-starter that is able to work alone or in a team,
- Ability to work under pressure and remain focussed,
- A well-presented individual with excellent communication and inter-personal skills,
- A motivated individual with a passion for technology,
- Ability to identify, assess and solve desktop hardware and software problems innovatively,
- An individual that enjoys completing detailed technical documentation.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their abridged curriculum vitae via email to email@example.com or fax on 086 519 7585 no later than 19 August 2020 quoting a relevant reference number.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).