Closing Date 10 January 2021
The above mentioned positions are available in the Ferry Operations Department at. The purpose is to provide on board training to South African Cadets who wish to pursue a career in Port Operations. The engineering cadets will be expected to ensure the timeous completion of their training record books and ultimately qualify as Chief Engineer Port Operations.
Stipend: R70 715.00 per annum
(Subject to training and outcome of assessments)
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Attend all required training;
· To complete the training record books in the prescribed time;
· Use all opportunities to gain knowledge and experience in the operation and maintenance of all equipment on board the vessels and ship board routine;
· Obtain the Chief <750kW and/or Chief Port Operations Unlimited qualification in the stipulated time frame.
· Assist with repair and maintenance tasks as required;
Experience, Technical skills & Core Competencies:
· Curriculum Vitae with covering letter;
· Certified copy of your South African ID;
· Good health;
· Copy of your Matric results;
· Minimum of all S3 subjects in Marine Engineering (preference may be given to candidates who completed the National Diploma: Marine Engineering) Copy of final results to be provided.
· Preference will be given to unemployed and people with previous sea going experience.
· Fluent in English, written and oral;
RIM is an EE & AA employer, RIM reserves the right not to make an appointment if suitable candidate is not found.
Forward a detailed CV, accompanied by certified copies of your ID and qualification(s) as well as contactable & traceable referees, to email@example.com or by no later than 10 January 2021.
Note: If you do not hear from us within 30 days, please consider your application unsuccessful. Please note your attachment should not exceed 10MB: