Closing Date 20 November 2021
Ever wanted to work at News24, The Witness newspaper, You or True Love magazines? Media24 has a number of internship positions in its Joburg and Cape Town offices for digitally savvy journalists as part of the Media24 Graduate Programme to start in February 2022.
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
• you have a degree or diploma in journalism, languages, politics of media studies.
• you love stories and storytelling no matter what format and platform.
• you can write like a dream but are also interested in digital media.
• you understand things like SLR, GIF, CMS and TL;DNR.
• you’re capable of producing engaging videos that can hold attention for more than 20 seconds.
• you are comfortable shooting a video on a smartphone.
• you’re curious about the world and the people who live in it.
• you’re hungry to learn and grow.
Some skills we need:
• Excellent storytelling skills both in words and in video format.
• The ability to work fast and cope under pressure.
• The ability to find a fresh angle on a story and to generate original ideas.
• Excellent general knowledge.
• Good knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro.
• Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok.
• The ability to work in a team and take direction from an editor.
• Drive, energy and basic awesomeness.
What you’ll be doing:
• Producing stories for Media24 platforms, either in the world of news at News24 and The Witness, or in the world of magazines at YOU, Drum or True Love.
• Working on social media platforms in various formats, including video.
• Assisting the team with uploading content when required.
• Scouring the web for interesting stories that our audiences will love.
• Assisting with curating content or compiling newsletters that our audiences will want to open.
• Assisting with producing/managing digital campaigns.