Closing Date 23 October 2020
AVI Limited is known for its leading household brands across many categories including: hot beverages, sweet and savoury biscuits and snacks, frozen convenience foods, personal care products, cosmetics, shoes, accessories, and fashion apparel.
National Brands Limited operates across 5 factory sites, offering world class manufacturing facilities in Isando, Rosslyn, Westmead and Durban. It is home to some of the best-known South African tea, coffee and creamer brands, including our delicious range of much-loved savoury and sweet biscuits, in addition to our melt-in-your-mouth snack range.
We are looking for real people who want to do exceptional things and take our projects to the next level.
Why our Graduates choose AVI
- Exposure and practical learning in a working environment
- Encouraged to be involved and think of alternative solutions to real issues
- Constant mentorship, guidance and support
- Presents with the opportunity to contribute to meaningful projects
- Accountable for delivering quality
What makes you exceptional?
- Thoroughly enjoys a practical approach and being hands-on
- Comfortable working in a team
- Passionate about quality
- Eager to make the most of unique opportunities
- Your goals are to contribute, make a difference and be an achiever
What will you enjoy doing
- You will work closely with the Quality Assurance Manager and gain experience in quality support. Be involved in projects related to calibrating Near-Infrared data, assessing food safety and risks, learn to work with systems, and compiling relevant reports to provide valuable feedback. The role will also encompass specific product projects that will enable you to gain exposure to areas such as Research & Development, and the Technical departments.
What we want from you
- A National Diploma, Btech or BSc in Food Sciences/Food Technology/Consumer Science/Quality with a minimum average of 60% in your final year of studies
- Must be willing to work in Johannesburg or Pretoria
- Any vacation experience, in-service training, or part-time work
Ref no. AVI201006-1