Closing Date 15 December 2020
Macadamias South Africa NPC (better known as SAMAC) hereby invites students who are intending to pursue or are pursuing their studies in the field of Agriculture for the 2020 academic year, to apply for a bursary. Applicants who are not contacted by 31 March 2021 must regard their application as being unsuccessful SAMAC’s bursary scheme aims to assist previously disadvantaged, impoverished persons who are academically deserving. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Students pursuing Undergraduate studies (National Diploma, B.Tech or Bachelor of Science). Must meet the following criteria:
- Be South African citizens.
- Students with excellent academic standing.
- Provide official proof of registration at a South African Tertiary Education Institution.
Applicants interested in pursuing Postgraduate studies must meet the following criteria:
- South African citizens.
- Must have excellent academic standing.
- Provide official proof of registration at a South African Tertiary education institution.
- Honours, Masters and PhD students in the macadamia field.
NB: Postgraduate students are to submit a macadamia-related research proposal.
CONDITIONS OF THE BURSARY
After completion of the studies, the student will be required to work for a macadamia-related company, organisation or institution in the Republic of South Africa as approved by SAMAC, equivalent to the period of the bursary and as approved by SAMAC, on the condition that there is a position available.
Application forms must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, accompanied by all the supporting documentation, before or on the 15 December 2020.