Closing Date 27 November 2021
Under supervision of area management, works to provide support services on a diversity of issues related to internal department customers, business functions and /or SHE staff members. Conducts routine inspections across the site of various SHE programs as assigned; to support identifying hazards. Works on assignments that are generally routine in nature but may recognize the need for occasional deviation from standard practices. Must be familiar with legislative requirements and compliance.
• Supports compliance and sustainability efforts/programs such as, but is not limited to: biosafety, confined spaces, data & document management, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, hazardous waste management, hazard communication, gas cylinder management, key figures data collection, lock-out/tag-out, occupational health, personal protective equipment, etc.
• Assists with incident investigations to prevent recurrence of similar events. Track resolution of issues.
• Communication of SHE issues and programs by the development of data, graphs, reports, and/or presentations.
• Scan, file and store all SHE related electronic and printed documentation for auditing purposes.
• Participates in the effective performance of broad risk assessments to minimize SHE related risk to products and/or the organization.
• Participates in emergency planning and emergency teams. Responds to emergency situations as needed.
• Facilitates site SHE teams/committees and participates in cross-functional teams and/or meetings.
• Develops, implements, and conducts formal site wide SHE inspections and audits.
• Administers SHE related training and communication programs.
• Supports SHE management with projects or activities as assigned.
• Oversees contractors on site.
• Provide induction training to new starters.
• As a requirement of the internship please also provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is supported if still with the University or at least verification of having attended the University as a mandatory part of the application documents.
• 0-2 years of experience within an industry such as: automobile, diagnostics, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas industry, or other relevant industries.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be able to identify, learn, develop, implement, and sustain new areas of subject matter expertise as business needs change. Implements change as directed.
• Demonstrates effort to continued learning, development, and understanding of site to corporate goals.
• Investigates within confined regimen and applies knowledge of regulations and/or corporate policies relating to their field of expertise.
• Results impact immediate to short-term objectives of the department level within a business function.
• Effective written and oral communication skills, active listening skills, and ability to effectively communicate scientific, technical, and regulatory information.
• Ability to develop and deliver effective training material in an interesting and informative manner.
• Will demonstrate positive impact on injury prevention, reducing adverse impacts, and improving regulatory compliance and company conformance.
• Shares learned technology and information through formal and informal means at a departmental level.
• Effectively communicate performance data and concepts.
• Knowledge sharing ideas and expertise are expected to be implemented within a business function.
• Computer Skills: Proficiency in Google Docs, Gmail, Gdrive, Microsoft Office Suite.
• If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche DIA Cape Town is the organisation for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference in patients’ lives. If you want to work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
• The preferred start date is January 2022 or upon availability for 6 - 12 months (preferably 12 months). Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date and duration of the internship in your motivation letter. Applications lacking a motivation letter will not be considered (please provide your motivation letter and CV as one document). Show off your creativity through your application.
Location South Africa, Western Cape, Cape Town