PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: To provide a professional, efficient and effective operational and technical support within the respective business area; To be developed through a practical training program in order to gain experience in the implementation of the relevant field of learning.
Location: GT, ZA
PG group is currently creating a talent pool of previous Graduate Learners with the intention of providing possible future engagement opportunities on either a contract or permanent role basis. The opportunities may exist in any of the PG Group Divisions. The individuals would have received previous training within the organisation in the following work areas/fields:
• Electrical Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Chemical Engineering
• Industrial Engineering, etc.
• The applicant must be a born South African citizen.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE:
• Complete a thorough plant orientated training programme.
• Contribute to plant maintenance activities by working closely with Engineering personnel in various areas.
• Be actively involved in the design and implementation of new equipment through application of engineering standards and quality control measures.
• Analyse equipment failures and contribute to route cause analysis processes in order to improve plant equipment efficiency.
• Contribute and provide technical support to world class manufacturing, continuous improvement and profit improvement projects in order to meet business objectives.
• Create and review technical documentation related to engineering activities and procedures in order to sustain engineering best practices and principles.
• Ensure compliance of plant equipment with the OSH Act and regulations. Always wear clean and presentable corporate/safety wear.
MAIN ACTIVITIES OF THIS ROLE:
• Perform all tasks and activities as per the role requirements
• Raise and/or attend to maintenance and hygiene issues under supervision or escalate to management to address.
• Adhere to all other reasonable requests issued by Management.
• Comply to company procedures including Health and Safety
• Assist with operational / execution and technical support activities and tasks as per area of study discipline.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES:
• Engineering B.Tech or B Degree qualification (in relevant discipline)
• Knowledge of general hygiene good practices
• Previous work experience in the relevant business area
• A strong focus on technical excellence
• Theoretical application of mechanical skills in the workplace
• Communication skills
• Problem solving skills
• Reporting and presentation skills
• Analytic and creative thinking
• Discovering and applying rules
• Spatial skills and working with numbers
• The ability to be mobile within geographical area (where applicable)
• The ability to travel independently up to 1 week per trip (where applicable)
• The ability to work shifts (where applicable)
Please upload the following documents on the system:
A short CV
Full academic record
NB: Successful candidates will be contacted as and when opportunities arise within PG Group