In this role you will have the opportunity to: Support our current customer service agreements and obligations, identify and resolve customer issues, and providing the customer with the appropriate communication. You will play a key role in ensuring long term customer satisfaction and loyalty, as well in the growth of customer service and sales business, by supporting with preventive maintenance, installation, and repairs on core Philips Health Systems equipment.
Duration: 12 months
Start date: 15 February, 2022
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
You are responsible for:
• Supporting and involving appropriate senior service personnel in all aspects around valid Philips procedures and policies.
• Providing support to current FSE’s on field based and remote technical support to customers and colleagues.
• Learning how to carry out corrective, preventive, installation and field change order activities on complex healthcare systems.
• Diagnosing mechanical, hardware and software system failures using established procedures.
• Planning and determining fast and most cost effective repair/solution to minimize customer downtime.
• Keeping abreast of new technologies likely to affect Philips range of products.
• Keeping records of all activities and trainings for review at any time.
You are part of
• Health System (HS) South Africa organization and will be based in our office in Johannesburg. You will report to the Customer Service Manager and you will closely collaborate with colleagues with multidisciplinary roles. Your assignments may require travelling in your dedicated geographical area.
To succeed in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (electronics/aeronautics/automation/bio-medical).
• You must be a South African Graduate and have completed all modules/credits for the qualification mentioned above with a minimum of 60%.
• Qualifications obtained post -2016 will be preferred.
• Please indicate if you have completed the Practical 1 & Practical 2 on your CV.
• Eager and willing to carry out corrective and preventative works for medical equipment.
• Logical problem solver with ability to work independently.
• Able to process knowledge across multi-modality and diverse product ranges.
• Able to recognize new technologies and adapts to daily challenges.
In return, we offer you
• A 12-month program that will provide a unique opportunity to gain valuable skills in a supportive environment, learning on-the-job and in the classroom. The challenging and meaningful work you do will help clinicians in rural communities, clinics and hospitals provide vital healthcare for patients across Africa.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply. Only apply for this role if you are a South African Citizen by birth or Naturalization prior to the 27 April 1994.
Applications must be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV, certified copies of all qualifications (academic transcript must be attached) and certified copy of SA identity document.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.